Monday, May 26, 2008

Old Barney and Crabby McCrabpants



Can I just say how much I love custom orders? I love the ideas that folks come up with, and the stories behind why they choose that particular item. I thrive on the challenge of designing and perfecting a pattern and then completing the plush.

I just completed this set of plushies for an alchemy request on etsy. These are going to be a belated birthday gift for their mother. The Lighthouse was designed after Barnegat Lighthouse in NJ - it's nickname is Old Barney so they requested a moustache face....I think it was the perfect choice! I added some glitter to the light part of the house - you can't really see it well in this picture but it looks awesome in person - trust me! I also whipped up a little orange crab buddy for the lighthouse. The crab was more difficult than I thought, as I struggled with making it realistic or cartoony. I settled on a mix of the 2 and couldn't be happier.

I used to go on vacation to the Outer banks with the fam back when I was in high school. I'm thinking that I might try and recreate plush versions of all the lighthouses we visited down there now ^_^

No comments: